|Gentoo sysadmin with ruby skills wanted
||21 Jan 08
For Personifi we are searching for Gentoo guru.
Position is in available in Fort Worth, TX.
We are looking to hire a world-class Linux administrator and engineer to
help We are developing a new class of optimization and targeting solutions
that allow Internet and mobile services to increase advertising revenue,
improve relevance, and increase traffic. Areas of work will include
integrations of technology into advertising systems, content delivery
systems, and mobile delivery systems. We are working on problems in a
number of areas, including cutting-edge information retrieval algorithms,
scalability issues related to dealing with huge amounts of data and a
rapidly increasing user population, and a variety of novel personalization
features. If you have a need to bring order to the chaotic web, contact us.
Position will be a full time position and is an opportunity to get on board
with a company at the ground floor.
- Producing, integrating, operating & maintaining the Company Hardware,
systems (including OS), Networks, applications, databases, SAN, and
- Integrating Linux, WAN’s, LAN’s, routers and switches
- Performing technical planning, systems integration, verification and
validation, cost and risk analysis, and supportability and effectiveness
analysis for total systems.
- Total system product may include concept design, fabrication, testing,
installation, and operation.
- Performing engineering activities such as defining system requirements,
developing technical solutions, performing systems functional analysis,
conducting trade studies, and/or performing test and evaluation activities.
- Ensuring project schedules and performance requirements are met.
- Interacting with customers and functional peer groups.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in
the United States.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- 3-5 years minimum software development experience.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Experience and understanding of computer networking systems, data storage
and retrieval, computer operating systems…must have Gentoo
experience, programming languages a plus (Ruby, Perl, Python, etc.).
- We don’t care about titles, certificates, etc. We care about
- If you never made your own kernel, etc. don’t apply.
- Be ready to make our army of servers happy :-)
For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII) or HTML version of
your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Important: The subject field of your
email must include Linux Engineer.