|New Book line from Pragmatic Bookshelf
||01 Oct 05
We’re pleased to announce a new line of titles from the Pragmatic
"Fridays" are short, focused, PDF-only books, written by experts
for developers who need information fast. These new e-books are
hyperlinked, both internally and to external resources. They’re
specially formatted for easy on-screen reading. And you can download any
new versions of the Fridays you own for the life of the book.
The first book in this new series is "Rapid GUI Development with
QtRuby," written by Caleb Tennis.
See how to use the powerful Qt3 library to create cross-platform GUI
applications for Linux and OS X in Ruby. Covers installation, basic and
advanced programming, event models, and Korundum.
- About Qt. History, versions, installing, testing your installation.
- About QtRuby. Language bindings, SMOKE, installing.
- Get Your Feet Wet. Writing your first program, widgets and the object
model, initialization, Qt::Application.
- Take the Plunge. Custom Widgets, geometry and layouts, signals and slots,
slot senders. Read an extract
- Sink or Swim. Events methods and filters, the Main event, the event loop,
posting and sending.
- The Home Stretch. Qt modules, QtRuby tools, tighter Ruby integration,
disposing of widgets, debugging QtRuby applications.
- Korundum. Installing, DCOP, interprocess communication.
- Appendices. Event Method Map, Resources.
For more information on this title or to purchase it ($8.50, 90 pages),
please visit www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/ctrubyqt
For more information on this new series, "Fridays", please visit
Thank you for your continued support, Dave and Andy