why the lucky stiff has written a nice introduction to SQLite.
So, lets talk about SQLites handsome features:
- SQLite is swift. In my own testing, I have found it to be speedy. Some
speed comparisons with MySQL and PostgreSQL are here.
- SQLite is not a large database server, such as MySQL. You dont connect to
the database. Using SQLite, you access a database file. Everything happens
- SQLite is an ACID database. Supports transactions, triggers.
- SQLite is public domain. Absolutely no licensing issues.
- SQLite is typeless. Any type or length of data may be stored in a column,
regardless of the declared type. This allows extreme flexibility and
avoidance of type errors.
- SQLite allows custom functions and aggregates. This is my favorite feature
of SQLite, which we will explore shortly.