(Source: Brad Appleton, XP-ML) How cool would it be actually to /use/ poker chips in the Planning Game?
Interesting - I interpreted the above statement to be talking about having the planning game include both cards and chips (just like poker). The chips would correspond to story points, and would be attached to a story card with the appropriate number of chips. And when a story was "split" the corresponding chips would be split between the resulting new card(s).
- The dealer gives the customer all the chips for this iteration
- Then the customer "shuffles" the cards and lays them down
- As each one is laid down, development uses a different color of chips and places the number of chips that story costs.
- If the customer is okay with it, they then take an equivalent number of chips from their "stack" and place it to the "bet" pile.
- If the customer isn't okay with it, the story can be split (kind of like "double down" in blackjack) and/or cards can be "reshuffled"
- At any time, the customer may "reshuffle"
- When the customer is out of chips and is okay with the current "bets" and card order, the planning session is adjourned